Can my son live with me? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can my son live with me?

JaneAuton
JaneAuton Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm on disabilty can my son live me as I feel I need someone with me he does most things for me anyway just would be Easer if he was here 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,336 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope.

Anyone can live with you, it's your choice but it may affect any benefits you're currently claiming if he does live with you.

May i ask what benefits exactly do you claim and do you currently live alone?

You can also refer yourself for a needs assessment. Someone from social services will visit you in your home and do an assessment of your needs and there maybe some extra help available for you once this assessment is complete. See link.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JaneAuton and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope you get things sorted out and if you need any further help/support then please don't hesitate to contact us.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JaneAuton and welcome to the community! Is there anything else we can help you with?
    Scope

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @JaneAuton and welcome to the community.

If you live on  your own you should be getting single person discount on council tax. You may want to check with the council to see if you will still get this, as your son will be moving back in to care for you. I know with our council a person does not count for council tax if they are a carer, or caring for someone they live with, but you will need to check your local council's rules.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.