Its been over 3 months now since filling out ATOS medical form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Its been over 3 months now since filling out ATOS medical form

Hi,I receive ESA work related group for mental Health problems,Atos received my completed medical questionnaire form at the end of Aug 2019,as of yet I have not heard back from them with regard to going to their office for the medical assessment.My last F2F at the job centre was April 2019 after that I had a group meeting at the job centre at the end of June 2019.
1,Is a group meeting considered the same as a F2F meeting?
2, Based on ATOS receiving my completed medical form at the end of Aug 2019  and my visits to the job centre in April and the end of June, does anyone know when i may be getting contacted by either ATOS or the Job centre for a visit?
Would anyone recommend contacting them to find out?
Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The form you returned back will be the work capability assessment form and there's no timescales for any decision on this. This form is to assess you're ability to work and do any type of job. It's totally different to the work focused interviews you attend at your local job centre.

When you returned that form did you send evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.

Most people have face to face assessments, it's very rare to have a paper based assessment. The assessment will be done by the health assessment providers and not DWP.

I'll pop some links here for you to have a look at.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • monkeybrains2525
    monkeybrains2525 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    poppy123456 I did not provide any support evidence with the questionaire,I never have,Ive always gone to the interview and left, then they would  send me a letter stating that the ESA was to continue.In the past after sending ATOS the completed work assesement form, they would contact me within 1 month with a date to have the interview,this time more than 3 months has elapsed without any form of communication from them(on the work assesment form it does ask if there is any reason that I would not be avialable for the next 3 months)I am wondering now if ATOS has received my work related questionaire and accepted its contents based on the fact that they asked me to tick a box if I was not going to be available for the next 3 months.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    There's never any timescales for waiting times for face to face assessments, if one is needed and as i advised most people have them. Some wait just a couple of weeks and others wait several months.

My advice is to ring the health assessment advisory service and ask them if they have any updates regarding the work capability assessment form you returned a few months ago. The number to ring will be in the link i posted above.

The good news is that your ESA will continue until a decision's been made on the re-assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Hi @monkeybrains2525
    My ESA form went in at the end of August too, and I haven't heard anything back yet either.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @monkeybrains2525, just to let you know that I have merged all of your duplicate posts. Thank you for your advice here @poppy123456 and @Waylay. :)
    Scope

• kevin52
    kevin52 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    I Waited 8 Months For Mine  Now Its Here :(

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.