LCWRA. NIGHTMARE — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA. NIGHTMARE

tcopping1
tcopping1 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
first sick note 11th April. Sent in capability form 27th August. 
Finally got a reply on the 11th December only due to me badgering them. 
Told I would receive any money owing to me within 7, working days but any money owing that would take out. I had to ring them today 20th December to find what was going on. Was told my how much my reward was but it needs to go to the board to decide whether their going to take £309 owing from over payment of child tax credit. Which I’ve been paying off monthly. Fine but the 7, days said that would happen now their saying another 14. Personally I think the bank is closed on claimants for Christmas and their just mucking me about. This is in total 8 going on 9 months wait. 
Furious is an understatement. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It's very frustrating when they give a timescale but timescales don't exist because of backlogs which cause delays. It annoys me when they tell people a certain time but i'm not really sure how they can predict this.

Unfortunately, when you're owed backdated money if you already owe money to them then they are entitled to take the money you owe from the backdated money but before they can do this is needs to go to debt management.

As there's a 3 month waiting period before LCWRA starts then you won't receive the full 9 months backdated money because LCWRA isn't paid until the 4th assessment period. When it's paid from will depend on when your assessment period is against when you sent your first fit note.

The only downside to all of this is that now it's Christmas which will delay the process even further because they are closed from 24th and reopen again on 30th December, then closed again for 1st January.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.