DLA -PIP QUESTION — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA -PIP QUESTION

Options
oshb5
oshb5 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello Iv just gone through the DLA/PIP and am glad to say Iv been given standard living and high mobility. Before I had low living and high mobility. It ended up being a long job but worth it in the end.  

However there is one other thing I’m unsure about and that is the Chang over from DLA which at the moment I get on the 25th Dec and the next payment should be on the 22nd Jan BUT in the award letter it says  ;”we will pay 376.83 into your account on the 30th of Jan which is money that we owe you  from the 8th of Jan to the 29th of Jan 2020 
We will then pay you pip every 4 weeks after this date.”

So what I’m just wanting to know is I should have got my next DLA normal £337.60 on the 22 Jan 2020 But they are now paying it a week later So I should have thought got a extra weeks money which is £84.40 a week that I’m getting on DLA. So cannot understand the 376.83 payment they say they are going to pay can anyone think of anything as to why please?  

Thank you and best regards Osh

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello  @oshb5    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help members of our community.

Please I am unsure of an answer to you question, have a member of our team.

@poppy123456 my friend who will be able to help you.

The lady will be answer any questions that you have.

Has exceptional knowledge and expertise on all benefits questions.

Please if I can help with anything further please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

Thanks @thespiceman for the tag.

This confuses everyone that transfers from DLA to PIP because DLA is paid 3 weeks in arrears and 1 week in advance BUT PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears. This makes people think that they are missing out on money when payments for DLA end and PIP start.

The money you receive this week from DLA will be your last DLA payment because it will have ended. You first PIP payment will be for 3 weeks money and then it's paid 4 weeks after that on what ever day it states in the letter.

No idea what the £376.83 payment is for because 3 weeks money for PIP with the award you have is £359.20.

Best thing you can do is to ring PIP and ask why you're receiving £376.83 rather than £359, which is what it should be and they will explain it to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A very warm welcome to the community @oshb5! I hope @thespiceman and @poppy123456 have been able to help here. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.