• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.
Merry Christmas from the Online Community Team: What support is available?
Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope
you have a lovely time with friends and family, as well as taking the time to relax.
Does anyone have any plans? We’d love to hear what you are all up to!
We also know that Christmas is not an easy time of year for everyone and just wanted to let you know where support is available.
- How might Christmas affect my mental health? (MIND)
- Tips for looking after your mental health at Christmas (Heads Together)
- How to support someone with an eating disorder over Christmas (Metro)
Support over Christmas
- If you are in crisis you can call an ambulance, go straight to A&E or call the Samaritans for free on 116 123 to talk. These services are open 24/7, including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- If you’re on Twitter then Sarah Millican does a #JoinIn which is for anyone who is feeling lonely or alone on Christmas Day. If you tweet using the hashtag or search it others will start a conversation.
- Crisis text service Shout, you can access this by texting SHOUT to 85258.
- SANEline (0300 304 7000) who are open from 4.30pm to 10.30pm every day of the year.
The community team will not be active during Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years Day. However, if you see someone struggling then please do report the post so we are made aware.
Thank you to everyone who has supported and contributed to the online community over the last year, it certainly wouldn’t be the same without you all!
Wishing you all the best,
The Online Community Team