Hi, my name is KeithM! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is KeithM!

KeithM
KeithM Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I live in Kent, I am 80+

Comments

• KeithM
    Its difficult to know how to start this off
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @KeithM  , a warm welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us.
  • KeithM
    Thank you so much Emma? I am looking forward to this new experience

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others. Please take a look around the forum and if you have any questions, then i'm sure someone will help and advise you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KeithM
    Thank you poppy, feeling my way around at this stage, I appreciate your offer of advice and help

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    @KeithM No worries. Just let us know if you need anything.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KeithM - Welcome to this helpful & supportive community, I do hope you enjoy being with us all. As Poppy says, do have a look around the forum, perhaps using the 'All groups' link near the top of this page on the right-hand side. Please also do chat here too....you might even tell us a little bit more about yourself!
    I live in North Yorkshire, & it's been quite a nice day here; so mild I've been pottering in the garden tidying up a bit this afternoon. I live on my own, apart from my kitten, but my son & daughter-in-law live close by. My daughter, her husband, & my 3 granddaughters are coming to see us all tomorrow....so I'll be cooking for 8 instead of one!
  • KeithM
    How lovely to learn some things about your background, I am far from you, down in Kent, I too live on my own apart from my dog and countless fish. I love gardening but went for a scan, nothing serious. My son and daughter live 60 miles from me.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KeithM - I thought it only fair to say a little bit about myself when I was asking you to do the same! It's good to see you're finding your way around & chatting to others;  so you're helping already, thank you. This sort of interaction is what helps this community, where people do genuinely care about each other, & share any problems.
    I only have a small garden....well it's got some raised beds; one for herbs, one for flowers & 2 for vegetables, & lots of containers. I have a great joiner, & I think he now quite likes the challenges I throw at him, so at the beginning of the year he made me a small greenhouse adjoining my small shed! Managed to get 9 tomato plants in it, as well as some outside.
    You might also like to look at the 'Coffee lounge' here, where people talk about their hobbies & interests. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge
    We also share photos of our pets there, & I know another member, 'Franstrahan', who is often here also has fish. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/66308/hi-everyone-lets-see-a-picture-of-your-fur-babies-️or-pets#latest  This is the 2nd page of photos; at the bottom of the page you'll see arrows, one will take you back to the 1st page. It would be nice to see a photo of your dog; my kitten, Shadow is there too.

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @KeithM :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you with us @KeithM. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.