I need help starting my recomsideration claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need help starting my recomsideration claim

FatTagz
FatTagz Community member Posts: 7 Listener
So basically I got denied pip 0 points of everything and will be doing a mandatory reconsideration I’ve just received the full report and what’s concerned me it seems that because I looked like a normal person they kind of disregarded a lot of stuff I said also the way I answered my pip questionnaire questions and in the assessment makes me believe that it doesn’t matter about how bad your condition is it’s more about being smart about answering the questions because I was told I didn’t give any adequate information for any of the pip descriptors the report was filled with half truths and lies which has upset me but also I have one more question which when it comes to giving them evidence what counts as sufficient evidence because some of the descriptors like proving you can’t walk certain distances or not be able to cook due to a certain condition how do I prove I can’t do it it’s not like I can just ask a doctor to come and monitor me for days/weeks to prove how my condition affects me and I don’t know what to do because I’m struggling so much right now pip would be a major lifeline for me as I’m too ill to work and my benefits don’t support me adequately I don’t have a social life I don’t leave my house due to my illness and I’ve basically been told in the report that because I didn’t cry or get angry that I’m a normal person and also it said I was fit and healthy I’m 6ft6 and nearly 25 stone I’m very ill and out of shape there’s so many things wrong with me I just don’t know how to get more evidence I’ve already given them so much and they’ve said it’s not good enough everywhere and everything is turning me down I can’t get pip I can’t get mental or physical help as none of my services want to know and just consistently turn me away but I need more evidence to get pip my social worker and support worker have both made statements and so has all my family but do you think that will help cause realistically that’s just words I just want to know how I can effectively prove my day to day life and why I can’t cope or manage by myself I just feel like I’ve done everything wrong and messed up my claim even though i told and gave them everything I could but still it wasn’t good enough hopefully someone on here can give me some helpful advice and any responses to this is highly appreciated I need all, the advice I can’t get I’m so overwhelmed and stressed out by this it’s affecting my mental health severely and increasing how often I’m getting severely low moods 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no specific wording to use when filling out any forms and it's not about being smart when answering those questions. You need to be straight to the point and explain how your conditions affect you. It's good to give them information but keep it simple and use real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

As advised in your other thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/67200/my-pip-assessment-report-was-full-of-lies-what-should-i-do#latest they don't need to know your life story if it isn't relevant to the descriptor, so keep it simple. The only person that knows how your conditions affect you is yourself.

Sending medical evidence is only good if it's relevant to how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors and most medical evidence won't be relevant. Letters from a GP will have very little information about how your conditions affect you because they don't see you everyday. They will only know the basics.

For example, you say you can't cook? why can't you cook? would using an aid help you?  would assistance from another person help you to cook, even if you don't have that assistance. Just stating you're unable to cook won't score you any points.

When writing the letter of request for the MR you need to ignore all the lies and contradictions that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. They will only want to know where and why you think you should have scored those points.

Are you able to get some face to face advice from an agency near you? Put your postcode into this link to see what's local to you for some advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.