Payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payment

tinka1992xxxx
tinka1992xxxx Community member Posts: 14 Listener
So i need some advice as I am worried so I'm paid 4 weekly from one job and monthly from second so 4 weekly payments effect my unvical credits in Jan my allowance for unvical credits is 981 my earning for January is 980 does this mean I wont get any help of unvical I suffer from depression and ainexty because am paid on 4th Jan and 21st December and 15th Jan this lands in my assessment period any advice please as I worked out I would get something but I fort if it's over your allowance u wont get anything 

Comments

• tinka1992xxxx
    Sorry I mean its just over my allowance and also I had account on hear few months ago now I cant access it so had to make a new account 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Do you have limited capability for work or dependent children? You will only receive a work allowance if one of those apply to you.

If it does then how much work allowance you have will depend on circumstances. If you claim the housing element for help with your rent then you'll receive £287 per month, if you don't receive help with your rent then it's £503 per month. The work allowance means that anything you earn over that amount you will have a deduction of 63p for every £1 you earn over that amount.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tinka1992xxxx
    I just get 981 that's with rent and standard allowance and my partners carer I get 322 paid to my landlord 
  • poppy123456
    In your above post you mention a work allowance has your partner been assessed as having limited capability work?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2019
    If either yourself or your partner doesn't have limited capability for work then there will be no work allowance. This means your earnings will reduce your UC by £617, which means you should receive approximately £362 UC payment, which will be reduced even further if they pay your landlord directly.
  • tinka1992xxxx
    Least my rent should get covered but normally we get little more how to challenge this 4 weekly payments 2 pay in one assessment period as it's not my fault I am paid 4weekly this happens in February this year we was left with 0 income had to wait till April 2months got in so much debit only now back on our feet feel like its gonna happen again 
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2019
    Unfortunately, you will not be able to challenge the decision that your UC payments are affected by the wages you receive during your assessment period. Sadly, this is the way UC is and you are not the only the only that's affected by the amount of earnings they receive during their assessment period. If you do receive extra earnings during 1 assessment period then the following assessment period you will receive less earnings, which means more UC payment for that following month.

Unfortunately, because of the UC regulations that are in place you won't be able to challenge receiving less UC when you've received more earnings during an assessment period.

Those are paid 4 weekly or even weekly will always be affected more than those that are paid monthly.

You say you are your partner carer so i assume they claim PIP or DLA?  if they are unable to work then starting the limited capability for work process off by sending in fit notes may help in the future, if the decision is either limited capability for work related activity because you will receive an extra £336 per month and you will also receive the work allowance, which will mean that you could earn a certain amount of money before you start to see deductions.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited December 2019
    Hi @tinka1992xxxx. Having earnings that are higher than your allowance doesn't necessarily mean you won't receive any Universal Credit.
    I'm going to assume you don't have a work allowance (worst case scenario). So if your UC before deductions for wages is £981. If you earned £980 in this assessment period, you'd still receive £363 Universal Credit as well.
    If you have a work allowance on your claim this will be even higher.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tinka1992xxxx
    No work allowance I just get pip he gets care element 
  • poppy123456
    Then the calculation above is correct. The 63p deduction applies for every £1 you earn within your assessment period. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.