Hi, my name is arboclimber52! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is arboclimber52!

arboclimber52
arboclimber52 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
I am a retired Tree surgeon. Hoping to benefit by sharing my problems in the hope i can maybe help others, and get to know new people. I suffer with PTSD, Depression and anxiety. I am also a recovering alcoholic (9years dry) but find it really hard this time of year. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @arboclimber - Welcome to the community, & thank you for saying a little about yourself. What an interesting job you had; something my son's next door neighbour does. It's great you hope to help others here too, so I'm very pleased you've joined.
    Please have a look around....you could use the 'All groups' link on the right, & join in with other discussions. I look forward to your further input.
  • arboclimber52
    Thank you i had to retire due to health reasons mainly being having a bad back from a 50ft fall i had when i was younger, i have always wanted to help others going through similar problems to mine, ive already written my story and it has gone to rehab centres groups etc all with successful outcomes so ive been told.
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    A warm welcome to the community. @arboclimber52   . Glad to have you with us.  That’s great that you were able to share your experiences and that it has helped others. The community is a lovely bunch and you will find lots of support here.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you so much. It's people like you that will hopefully help those like my son-in-law as far as rehab goes, & ultimately my daughter, & 3 wonderful grandchildren. So sorry for what you have gone through both physically & mentally, but so great to read how much you have undoubtedly helped others.
  • arboclimber52
    I would be glad to help and answer any questions you may have regarding rehab or anything else,  I've been dealt a cruel life but im finally getting better and have a loving wife and family luckily. Many aren't as lucky when alcohol is cincerned. Please feel free to ask.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @arboclimber52. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope we'll be able to provide some support for you too. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • arboclimber52
    Adrian_scope thank you,

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.