Face to face for UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Face to face for UC

Margaret147
Margaret147 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited December 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am on high rate care and mobility dla also in support group employment and support iv now been told need face to face assessment for uc dont understand why anyone help didnt need one foe emploment and support filled in form kept in support group

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    HI and welcome,

Your question is rather confusing, could you please confirm whether you're claiming ESA or Universal Credit? Were you claiming ESA and had to transfer to Universal Credit? If so when did you claim Universal Credit and why?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Margaret147
    Hi sorry i had been on employment and support support group and high rate mobility and care from around 2011 due to moving to new area had to apply for uc that was jan 2018 i got uc my eas was reduced few month back had medical questionnaire from eas filled in posted back expected medical or face face however gor letter saying eas continue i wiuld remain in support group not moved to pip yet still on high rate dla filled in medical questionnaire for uc and now have face face assessment just over week from now dont understand why tbh whats involved etc i thought uc for everyone and eas for sick thanks
  • Margaret147
  • Margaret147
    Got this sent dont understand it tbh have i came off eas now and expected to go to work its not that i dont want to work i genuinely cant 
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2019
    This is all correct because you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months. They are not expecting you to work, it's another review of your claim, which is normal after you returned the work capability assessment for UC. You will need to attend the face to face assessment, if you don't attend then you could be found fit for work for failing to attend.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Margaret147
    Is review like medical can they say im fit for work and stop my money 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, this is always a possibility when going through a review, but with UC you won't lose all of your money. If the decision is fit for work then you will lose the LCWRA element only. If the decision is LCW then you'll receive less money.

The face to face assessment will be exactly like what you used to attend when claiming ESA, they are exactly the same.

Once you've attended that assessment a report will be written and returned to DWP and the a decision will be made on that review.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.