A quick hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A quick hello

Options
Darrenhall1
Darrenhall1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am new to Scope but not new to forums.
Disability equality I strive for almost everyday in everything I do. 
I am now an artist and the discrimination is appalling.
Most of Scotlands towns and cities are appalling for going anywhere with disabilities, etc. One of the reasons for us moving back down to England in June 2020.
Just a few examples I have come across since my accident in 2012, etc.
I will get involved in discussions but my brain injury is not helpful with remembering to do things, so please bear with me.
Thanks all.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Darrenhall1 - It's great to welcome you to this very supportive & friendly community. Thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. What sort of art do you do? My eldest granddaughter is at college studying art which is her passion.
    Yes, please do join in with any discussions, as & when you can, as it sounds like you'll fit right in with us all! :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Darrenhall1

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

Yes I am in the same boat ? as I have also got a B/I & that makes everyday very very interesting in deed.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with on here???

@steve51

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Darrenhall1 and welcome to the Scope community!
    I'm sorry you've found Scotland to be quite inaccessible and it's prompted you to need to relocate. Best of luck with the move later this year. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.