Can someone help me understand something please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can someone help me understand something please

jammydodger734
jammydodger734 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hi sorry to bother you all i applied for pip start of October 2019 and i got a call from my cpn yesterday 3rd Jan 2020 saying capita have called her and I don't need face to face or paper assessment she said she did it over the phone and capita told her i scored high enough. Literally that was all i got told . I dont even know what happens next or who is gnna contact me . 
Any help please 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, I would call DWP on Monday for clarification and more information and also request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If no face to face assessment is needed then it will be a paper based assessment. If that has been done and the report has been returned to DWP then you can request that to be sent to you. The HCP that spoke to your CPN shouldn't have said anything about scoring highly because the report is just a recommendation and it's not their job to state what has been scored.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jammydodger734
    Thanks guys . Yeah capita did send out form to cpn or more information but because first form didn't arrive they just did it over the phone with each other. Shall I just wait for a text from dwp or call them Monday . Monday seems to soon even though it's been 13 weeks since my claim 
  • poppy123456
    Personally, i would wait a week before ringing DWP or at least until you receive the text message. Then ring to request the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jammydodger734
    Thanks guys I'll call maybe Wednesday and see what they say .
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I hope you get through to them okay today @jammydodger734. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jammydodger734
    Phoned up asessors not DWP and they said they will send it across to dwp once theyve done final checks . They said its on final checks now . What does final checks mean is this a audit or is it just normal procedure 
  • jammydodger734
    Just a update . Got a text today from DWP saying they now have my report and I'll heardecision in up to  6 weeks . This is a paper assessment via my CPN over the phone to them and my questionnaire . No other evidence . 
  • poppy123456
    Great news on the paper based assessment. There's no timescales for decisions the 6 weeks is just a guide. As the report has now been returned you can ring DWP to request a copy to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. You'll still have to wait for the decision but at least you'll have some idea.
  • jammydodger734
    Thank you for replying . Just phoned them but had automated message saying systems are down call back in 1 hour 
  • jammydodger734
    I didnt call in end as i forgot but now im thinking not to csll for report as it might affect the outcome If I call . The first 9 weeks I forgot I even applied for pip as I forget things easliy but the waiting is horrible and I can sympathise with everyone whos applied and waited ages 
  • poppy123456
    Ringing to request a copy of the report has no affect on what the decision might be. Usually they go with the report, it's rare to go against it.
  • jammydodger734
    Does anyone know if pip paper assessment is more likely to be awarded at least something as i have been through so many forums and poppy you are on like most of them haha . And i can't find one post about paper assessment being rejected 
  • poppy123456
    I find your comment very rude and as a community champion here on scope please mind your tone.
  • jammydodger734
    I was actually praising you because you help people out so I'm confused at what I've said is rude 
  • poppy123456
    I'm a member of one other forum besides this one and sorry but i can't see a compliment in there but i'm sure there is somewhere.

The report will give you some idea but there's nothing more you can do until a decision's been made.
  • jammydodger734
    Hi poppy can you or anyone else helo me a bit more please . I rang dwp today and asked for report . Woman said i can have it but it might go back for further information . She said everyone's could possibly go back . Near end of callshebsaid she can see a note asking for further information from gp. I've been told no f2f and my cpn has already done her bit. Is this just to confirm my.medication as i dont speak to my g.p for mental health I just go there for my meds. I'm worried now . She's posted report to my house today . Is there any point looking at it 
  • poppy123456
    Seems like they have spotted something in the report, it could be a contradiction or just something that needs verifying, i really have no idea and unfortunately, no one will be able to tell you what the problem is other than DWP. All you can do is wait. Hopefully not too long.
  • jammydodger734
    Thanks for reply poppy.
    Ive recieved my report af5er I asked for it but i can't see any scoring or dots just what they've written 
  • poppy123456
    The activities/ descriptors will be in there someone and it's usually towards the back of the report. The dots will be next to the descriptors. Then underneath will be the justification for the descriptor choice. This link shows a sample of a PA3 report, if you scroll down to page from page 2, you'll see a sample of what you need to look for.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.