Hi, my name is allyparker! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is allyparker!

allyparker
allyparker Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I’ve just joined, I have fibromyalgia ,ME , COPD ankylosis spondylitis  stenosis amongst other things iv got a daughter 13 with Autism and PDA AND SEVERE ANXIETY  AND A 30 year old son with extreme ADHD AND PERSONALITY  DISORDER, my mum used to help me but has now got Parkinson’s agrophobia and depression so I’m now caring for her too... would be nice to be able to talk to people. As iv slowly lost slit of friends threw having to stay home iv got a few good friends that have stuck by me but I understand it’s hard for people to understand 

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @allyparker
                             Welcome to the community and thank you for joining us. I'm sorry to hear of your situation but you have come to the right place as there are many lovely people on the community and we are all here to support each other. Please feel free to take a look around the community and join in with any conversations which may be of interest to you. Also, please do ask any questions you may have as there will always be someone on the community who will be able to help. How is your weekend going? Thank you.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @allyparker - I'd also like to welcome you to the community. I'm sorry to read about all the problems yourself & family are facing; it can't be easy. I wonder if you're getting any support to help you cope with it all?
    At the top of this page you'll see Scope's 'Advice and support link' leading to the 'Online advice and support,' where you may find some information that's helpful.
    Here's a link to Carers UK also: https://www.carersuk.org/
    You will find that people here really help & support each other, as, altho' we all have a different set of circumstances, we do have a little understanding. So I'm pleased you've found us, & hope you enjoy getting to know other people.

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @allyparker  . The community is a wonderful bunch so you will definitely find lots of support here. We’re all here if you need anything or have any questions. Glad to have you with us.

Emma.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @allyparker. It sounds like you've got a lot going on, but you're very welcome here. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @allyparker

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with ?????

@steve51
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    A very warm welcome to the community @allyparker, great to have you here.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.