Hi, my name is Domenica! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Domenica!

Options
Domenica
Domenica Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have a number of conditions that affect my quality of life and struggle with the guilt of no longer being able to provide financially for my family. My conditions are : Pudendal nerve damage to which I have a sacral nerve stimulator implant. CFS / Me, Fibromyalgia, Sphincture of ODDI dysfunction, chronic idiopathic angiodena, eptopic irregular heartbeat, migraine and MGUS. I had to give up a great career at the age of 42 and although I then qualified to be a social worker, I’m too poorly to work full time. Instead I run a football team, coach the children and find I can rest after the games to give me the strength for the following week. If I didn’t do this I’m sure I’d end up depressed. Still wish I could find a cure for all of this and maintain full time work. So frustrating. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi@Domenica - Welcome to this great community. I'm sorry to read about all your problems; many here will identify with some of them unfortunately. It's great that you're able to run a football team; it really helps when you can do something positive, & nothing better than helping children.
    Please do look around the forum; there are some links to your right which will show you other sections, & join in with the discussions.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Domenica. How long have you been running the team now?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.