Disability grant — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability grant

Options
BoomBoomToot
BoomBoomToot Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi all my OT is pushing for a wet room and stair lift which would totally change my life. My question is does anyone know if we have to pay a contribution could it possibly be paid monthly or they after a lump sum
Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,033 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

a DFG is means tested and the income and savings of yourself and your partner will be taken into consideration. If you're claiming benefits like JSA/Income Support/ESA then these are not taken into consideration because that's classed as nil income.

I've no idea how it would need to be paid for if you has to contribute towards the cost, there's no information regrading that on the internet, or at least i couldn't find anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BoomBoomToot
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @BoomBoomToot, here is some information about equipment grants that you might find helpful!  

Please do let us know how you get on and I hope it all works out. :)
    Scope

• BoomBoomToot
    Options
    Well I've had a phone call this morning I'm so angry and upset and feel sooooooooo stupid for getting my hopes up once again they want 11 grand contribution if we had the sort of money we would wouldn't be asking for help... So life sucks ???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,033 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm assuming you or your partner work or have some savings?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BoomBoomToot
    Options
    Yeah my partner works... Wish we able to have savings then we wouldn't of asked them for help.... Oh well today is a new day 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really sorry to hear this, I imagine this was not the news you had hoped for. 
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well I've had a phone call this morning I'm so angry and upset and feel sooooooooo stupid for getting my hopes up once again they want 11 grand contribution if we had the sort of money we would wouldn't be asking for help... So life sucks ???
    OMG! My reaction is unprintable, as I am sooooo annoyed and flabbergasted for you!

A few years ago, an OT said I was in urgent need of a wet room.....the council agreed to fund it. A year later, I rang to ask where I was on their list and was told number 161!!!!!!

So we got a bank loan which we are still paying off for it!

If you have no savings I feel you should challenge this.
  • BoomBoomToot
    Options
    @Chloe_Scope defo not the news we wanted as we are in desperate need of it nothing I can do I suppose 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.