PIP Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment

Stand2Justice
Stand2Justice Community member Posts: 9 Listener
To those who may be able to help

I have attended my face to face assessment for Pip mid Dec 2019. How long does it take before I hear from them. I have got a letter telling me they are looking into this but did specify by when? Or should I be calling the for a follow up even though I was told I do need to contact them
many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales. Backlogs cause delays and backlogs will have increased because of the Christmas/New year closing days.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Stand2Justice! I hope you don't have to wait much longer! Like Poppy has said, you are able to ring up and get a copy of your report if you'd like to.
    Scope

• Stand2Justice
    Hi Chloe, thank you for your reply and assurance. I will call the today to see if I can get the report. Also I am so pleased to have joined this wonderful community. I am still learning my way around as I am not very good with IT and very slow because of my Fibromyalgia. With best wishes???
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to have you with us @Stand2Justice! I hope you manage to get through to DWP. If there is anything we can do to help then please just give us a shout. :)
    Scope

• Stand2Justice
    Hi again
    Due to my excitement for discovering this site, I have another question?. Assuming my Pip decision is negative and I do not appeal. Am I allowed to make a fresh application? DWP told me they will send me the report, I do not have the plan to appeal if it is refused, I do not have the energy due to chronic fatigue syndrome. ?all is good. 
    Thanks and kind regards to the beautiful people at Scope. ??
  • poppy123456
    Hi again
    Due to my excitement for discovering this site, I have another question?. Assuming my Pip decision is negative and I do not appeal. Am I allowed to make a fresh application? DWP told me they will send me the report, I do not have the plan to appeal if it is refused, I do not have the energy due to chronic fatigue syndrome. ?all is good. 
    Thanks and kind regards to the beautiful people at Scope. ??
    You can re-apply at anytime but if you are refused then my advice is to request the MR followed by Tribunal for the best outcome. Re-applying again using the same evidence you previously used will very likely see the same decision being made and you'll constantly be refused.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Stand2Justice
    Hi again

I have received the ATOS report from DWP but I am still waiting to get their decision following f2f assessment. 

After reading the report from the assessors I have become very uncomfortable. They have stated things in the report that I did not mention. Can I mention this in MR if the decision of DWP is negative?

thank you in advance
  • poppy123456
    Have you added up the points that are recommended in the report? Look for the dots next to the activities/descriptors and use the PIP self test here http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php usually they go with the report.

If a decision doesn't go in your favour mentioning things that did or didn't happen during the assessment isn't going to get you a PIP award because you can't prove it did or didn't happen.

Concentrate on where and why you think you should have scored those points. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

• Stand2Justice
    Thanks I scored enough to get help for daily living but not enough for mobility but DWP operator told me I should not rely on the report. Still waiting to hear. Xfinger 
  • poppy123456
    That just goes to prove how much knowledge a DWP advisor has when you ring them. It's very rare for them to go against the report.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.