Community updates
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

I don't know how to use this chat site

JiffyJiffy Member Posts: 2 Listener
Not sure how to chat with u all on here so just sending this to see if anyone can navigate me how to ask and reply to people
Please don't all laugh as I'm a newbie on here   lol  :)

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 657 Pioneering
    Hi and welcome, to answer a thread just write your message and click on "post reply" bottom right.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 788 Pioneering
    It's not really a chat site in the way I think you mean. It is a forum to support people. It is for you to get and give advice by posting questions or by giving advice to others questions. Also for you to read some of the info and threads for info. It's not like a chat room 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,542 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You can private message other members once you have reached 25 posts. To do this, click on the envelope in the top right hand corner and then put the name of the forum member into the top box. The type your message and it will be sent to that forum member.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 8,304 Scope community team
    Hi @Jiffy and a warm welcome to the community! Here you can find the most recent discussions and talk about various topics. If you'd like to speak about a specific thing then here is our list of topics.

We also have the coffee lounge where we talk about all sorts of things which are more relaxed.

If there is something new you would like to talk about then here is how you make a new discussion.

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help and I hope to see you around, :) 
    Community Partner
    Scope
  • SeanchaiSeanchai Member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Hi Jiffy ...and welcome .....sure nobody will laugh at you on this forum , we all had to start somewhere so we all understand if you get things wrong .
    I have had so much help and encouragement on this great site . The experts will help you with any problems you may have . I paid to join another site but I use this site because the people on here are very helpful indeed . Good luck for the future Jiffy 👍
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 6,345 Scope community team
    Welcome to the community @Jiffy. I hope the advice given has been helpful, but just give us a shout if there's anything else we can do to help. :smile:
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • anistyanisty Member Posts: 162 Pioneering
    That link to the list of topics @Chloe_Scope is really handy! Thanks! I just made my recent post about this very thing as i cant find how to get to the list of topics.

Is there another way?  Using your link, i have been able to see the full topic range available for the first time but there must be another route to that list on the site? 

I know it will be so obvious once someone points it out :sweat_smile:
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 8,304 Scope community team
    Hi @anisty, if you are on a laptop or tablet then it should be on the right hand side underneath your profile picture. It will say 'all groups'.

If you are on your phone then it will be under your profile picture again, but this will be located near the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.