Free cinema tickets for disabled people — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free cinema tickets for disabled people

Weeme12
Weeme12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Free cinema tickets from for disabled

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Weeme12 - Welcome to the community.
    There's a CEA cinema card which a disabled person can get so that they can have someone accompany them for free.
    If that's what you are looking for, here's a link where you can apply online: https://www.ceacard.co.uk/apply
    There is also a link if you want to apply by post on that page.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Weeme12 and a very warm welcome to the community! I too would recommend the CEA card. :)
    Scope

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Weeme12 it's a great card. I'm off to watch the ballet at Vue tonight.  Cost £20 for two VIP seats instead of £40. 
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi I have a CEA card it’s so good as you get a Carer or another person in for free, so it’s worth having the card.
  • Weeme12
    Weeme12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I am looking forward to u sing it 
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Yes it is good, do you have a card called max card I have it, money off when you go to theme parks, bowling, museums, tours, theatres, soft play places etc 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I've had the CEA card for years, only reason I don't have one at the moment is because all the Cinemas are closed due to the Pandemic, so I allowed my card to run out circa the end of last August and haven't renewed it.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I've had the CEA card for years, only reason I don't have one at the moment is because all the Cinemas are closed due to the Pandemic, so I allowed my card to run out circa the end of last August and haven't renewed it.

Do you think the scheme works well @MrAllen1976?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited January 2021

Do you think the scheme works well @MrAllen1976?
    Oh yeah, coupled with the Cineworld Unlimited card it saved me a fortune, and pre Pandemic I was often going to the movies twice a week most weeks.

Before I had the CEA card though I used to have to blag my carers in for a reduced rate or even free, sometimes the Cinema staff were a bit funny about it, until I learned to quote the 2010 Equality Act.

Also the Odeon do a similar scheme to the Unlimited card, called the Limitless card, pay a fixed sum of about £18 a month and you can go as many times as you want for the price, and you even get discounts on munchies and drinks.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.