My prototype adapted weighted spoon I've made today. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My prototype adapted weighted spoon I've made today.

Options
MaxB
MaxB Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
I was getting so frustrated eating with my tremors, especially soup, so i made this weighted spoon today.. I got approx 30 one pence coins, taped them to the underneath of my spoon handle, covered them in polymer clay and baked the whole spoon in the oven for an hour for the clay to harden.

It works an absolute treat, it has reduced my tremor while eating by a good 70%.

Dragons den next.....lol..

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is amazing @MaxB!!! I'm so glad it has helped!
    Scope

• MaxB
    MaxB Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    Thanx Chloe....I thought the idea could help others, even if they might not be aware of how to use polymer clay...you could just tape the coins to the handle for weight and leave the polymer clay off....I adapted the idea from a you tube video where a mother added coins for weight to her little daughters pencil so she could write.

I hope it might help someone..and if anyone has any questions at all about it please do ask.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    What a great idea and so simple too. Thanks @MaxB. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.