Hope to others — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hope to others

kazzyg_
kazzyg_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all, My reason for this post is to hopefully give others changing from Dla over to the dreaded pip a bit of hope! I was on dla for 10 years with an indefinite award, anyway the long awaited brown envelope arrived in mid sept 2019, I have been scared of it arriving for the last 3 years or more! Anyway I filled it all in with great difficulty & I made sure I wrote how hard it was aswell 
Anyway at the bottom of the form I wrote about me worrying that the face 2 face assessment would be on a day I cant get out of bed, all the while thinking they dont care, about 4 weeks later I got a home visit letter arrive! Wow I was shocked! The assessor arrived bang on 9am on the day 
I was in my pjs! She seemed nice but I had read so many horror stories online I was sure she was trying to trick me somehow 
That was the beginning of Nov 2019 and shortly after I got a text from DWP saying they had all they needed & I would get a decision within 6 weeks! 
Turned out to be 10 weeks, but as we have just had xmas I figured they were back logged 
This whole time since the brown envelope arriving in September I've convinced myself I will definitely lose my mobility car as I was on High rate mobility & middle rate care 
So yesterday January 17th 2020 a new brown envelope arrived, to say I was scared to open it would be a huge understatement, anyway I have been awarded enhanced rate mobility & enhanced rate daily living, both with no time scale, it just says for an ongoing period, turns out I'm now going to get more money on pip than I was on DLA 
I know many many people are going through hell with this, i have read more than my share of the issues dealing with it 
I just wanted to write this for the person out there scowling the internet like I did for peoples experiences 
There are some good stories to read, unfortunately it seems they are few & far between, Good Luck to All who are facing this awful, scary changeover x

Comments

• kazzyg_
    kazzyg_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi all, My reason for this post is to hopefully give others changing from Dla over to the dreaded pip a bit of hope! I was on dla for 10 years with an indefinite award, anyway the long awaited brown envelope arrived in mid sept 2019, I have been scared of it arriving for the last 3 years or more! Anyway I filled it all in with great difficulty & I made sure I wrote how hard it was aswell 
    Anyway at the bottom of the form I wrote about me worrying that the face 2 face assessment would be on a day I cant get out of bed, all the while thinking they dont care, about 4 weeks later I got a home visit letter arrive! Wow I was shocked! The assessor arrived bang on 9am on the day 
    I was in my pjs! She seemed nice but I had read so many horror stories online I was sure she was trying to trick me somehow 
    That was the beginning of Nov 2019 and shortly after I got a text from DWP saying they had all they needed & I would get a decision within 6 weeks! 
    Turned out to be 10 weeks, but as we have just had xmas I figured they were back logged 
    This whole time since the brown envelope arriving in September I've convinced myself I will definitely lose my mobility car as I was on High rate mobility & middle rate care 
    So yesterday January 17th 2020 a new brown envelope arrived, to say I was scared to open it would be a huge understatement, anyway I have been awarded enhanced rate mobility & enhanced rate daily living, both with no time scale, it just says for an ongoing period, turns out I'm now going to get more money on pip than I was on DLA 
    I know many many people are going through hell with this, i have read more than my share of the issues dealing with it 
    I just wanted to write this for the person out there scowling the internet like I did for peoples experiences 
    There are some good stories to read, unfortunately it seems they are few & far between, Good Luck to All who are facing this awful, scary changeover x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Great news and thanks for sharing. You're right, we do only ever hear the bad stories because if someone has an award they are happy with then they have no questions to ask, so we don't hear their story.

Lots of people successfully claim PIP first time, as well as those transferring from DLA. The on going award you have, is for 10 years, which is the maximum award length for a PIP claim.

Relax now, it's all done with.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @kazzyg_ congratulations on your award! Thanks for posting! It really helps people to see positive news ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.