Has anyone tried LDN (low dose naltrexone) for their fibromyalgia? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone tried LDN (low dose naltrexone) for their fibromyalgia?

Nancy8597
Nancy8597 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
It seems that there is so much written on the topic of LDN as a treatment for fibromyalgia and that it has helped a lot of people.  Has anyone on this forum tried it with any success?  Please let me know!

If you haven't heard of it, this article speaks about it and gives a lot of information

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• brujah81
    brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Hello i have been prescribed LDN but i am due to start on Saturday.. have you started yet?
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi some years ago, I was using the MS support group and there was a lot of talk about LDN helping with a variety of issues eg bladder urgency, poor sleep, pain. It wasn`t available generally, but a private prescription was available if your neuro or MS nurse wrote a letter agreeing for MSers to use it.

I did this. It cost around £21 a month...cant recall for sure....it was obtained from one place only....a pharmacy in Scotland.

So, I tried it. It calmed my bladder and helped me sleep better. But the advantages were short lived..just a few weeks, so I stopped it.

I have no knowledge of it helping with fibro.

Are you getting on from your neuro or GP on scripts? Hope it helps x
  • brujah81
    brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    I am getting it on script from my GP which is lucky because from what i understand not many people can get it from theirs.
    It is suppost to help Fibro.. well its in the list of conditions it can help.. that and ME which i also have. I am due to start shortly.. the goal posts moved slightly and its due to start on Monday or Tuesday

Kelly x
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.