I forgot my BAHA! :( — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I forgot my BAHA! :(

JenCo
JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
Any helpful hints or tips from my hard of hearing/deaf folks to get me through the workday?
I've probably already done/know most of these but any tricks to add to my arsenal would be great. 

My lip-reading is pretty poor and I don't sign...
Wish me luck!

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    What do you for work?  A dry wipe white board might be helpful to write stuff down if it's just short phrases!

I was briefly HOH for around 12 months last year and actually preferred the quiet in busy places...I rarely speak to anyone through so it wasn't a huge issue for me lol. 
  • JenCo
    What do you for work?  A dry wipe white board might be helpful to write stuff down if it's just short phrases!

I was briefly HOH for around 12 months last year and actually preferred the quiet in busy places...I rarely speak to anyone through so it wasn't a huge issue for me lol. 
    It's not too bad honestly, I work in an office on UX and content so I'm mostly just sitting at my computer. It's a bit lonely not being able to join in with banter though. I miss my BAHA already...

Using chat online and most of my comms through email today. Good thing I don't have any important meetings scheduled.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    what is BAHA please?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This must be frustrating @JenCo! How's your morning been?
    Scope

• JenCo
    what is BAHA please?
    It means Bone Attached Hearing Aid. I forgot the sound processor which fits to the bone attached abutment. Really struggling to keep up with discussion but mostly getting away with it as I'm glued to my monitor with (kind of pointless) headphones in :neutral:
  • JenCo
    This must be frustrating @JenCo! How's your morning been?
    Long and lonely but still productive so there's that at least. Thanks for checking in @Chloe_Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope this afternoon goes quicker for you @JenCo!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.