Open University and LCWRA/Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Open University and LCWRA/Universal Credit

Options
seanmurray1987
seanmurray1987 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello,

I hope to finish my degree at The Open University and believe I can do part-time study and claim Universal Credit. I am unable to work due to long-term sickness/disability (bipolar disorder) and in the LCWRA group/element of Universal Credit. Does anybody have any expertise or similar stories in how studying will affect my benefits if I decide to go forward? I know Universal Credit is complex and confusing, so any help provided is appreciated. Feel free to ask me any questions too.

Sean

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @seanmurray1987 - & welcome to the community, Sean. I'm pleased you've joined as, altho I don't have an answer for you, I'm sure my friend @poppy123456 will be able to help as she has a great knowledge about benefits.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Students and benefits are very complex and for this reason you should speak to the Open University and they will advise you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.