Lcwra assessment how will my benefits be affected if I fail assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra assessment how will my benefits be affected if I fail assessment

Options
Werner
Werner Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi I'm current receiving lcwra universal credit, I'm due to be re assessed soon, what I would like to know is if I do fail, and they decide I'm fit for work, if I appeal the decision, how will this affect my lcwra whilst i am waiting tribunal, will I have to look for work, or will I be on the lower rate lcw? I presume I will be took off lcwra? I'm terrified of the outcome, I'm already panicking and I haven't even had a letter yet, but I did get told when I got awarded lcwra when I will be re assessed I hope someone can help me please thank you 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Werner   Please may I tag in my friend @poppy123456 .

The lady has exceptional expertise and knowledge on benefit issues.

Member of our Community Champions team, please will contact you soon.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the tag @thespiceman

Hi,

When you're reassessed if the decision is fit for work then you will lose the LCWRA element each month and yes your claimant commitments will change and you will be expected to look for work. If this happens then you'll have 1 month to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.