M\Reconsideration. from dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

M\Reconsideration. from dla to pip

geo31237
geo31237 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi everyone my friend recently was changed from DLA to pip and they intent to ask for an M/R my question is do they get paid the pip  award they are contesting or do they get paid nothing thanks in advance Geo.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If they have a PIP award in place then they will continue to receive that money while they wait for the MR decision. If there's no award in place then of course there's no money to receive.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • geo31237
    Thanks poppy so just to clarify she is on dla at the moment and an award of pip has been offered as its lower than her dla was she wants to apeal through an M/R.so she will continue to receive her DLA until M/R.result is decided ?.thanks again
  • poppy123456
    No, that's not correct. Her DLA no longer exists and this will now end. Her PIP payments will start once her DLA ends. The payments she will receive will be her new PIP award payments.

Do be aware that PIP and DLA are different benefits with different criteria. Has she taken a look at the PIP descriptors to see where should could score more points for an award? Transferring from DLA doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to the equivalent award, it's depends how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to her current PIP award by requesting the MR. Although most MR decisions do remain the same, there's also a risk she could lose everything she already has, of course her award could also be increased. Face to face advice is needed before requesting the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • geo31237
    Yes I agree it needs serious thought thanks poppy
  • geo31237
    Hi poppy sorry if these questions are very naive but if her M/R. failed and she went to apeal would she get paid the pip decided at M/R stage up to actual apeal thanks in advance geo.
  • poppy123456
    Only if there's an award in place. Most MR decisions remain the same but points can be lost at that stage as well as gained. If they lost what they already have then there would be no award in place for payments to continue.
  • geo31237
    Hi again poppy I have read somewere that as my friend received her assessor report recently theres a short window to send in a later to say why she thinks she should have these extra points they say to clearly say in the letter it isn't an MR. And she retains the right to an MR.. at a later date..thanks in advance geo
  • poppy123456
    There's no harm in doing that but do be aware that by the time a letter is written and then sent the decision could have already been made. Post can take at least 10 days to arrive and be added onto the computer and by this time the decision could have already been made. Ringing to speak to the decision maker is probably a better idea.
  • geo31237
    Thanks poppy you are a great help she can now decide what route to take.thank you
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Best of luck to your friend @geo31237. Please let us know if either of you have any other questions. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • geo31237
    Hi adrian  and poppy my friend is transferring from dla to pip and as mentioned the assessors report is inaccurate as to every thing. Assesors report gives her  standard  moving around and standard care she needs 2points on both to get enhanced  so if she goes for an M/R.she will be paid the pip award on deciseon letter upp to the point of the M/R deciseon?. If M/R is unsuccessful does pip  payment still continue up to the tribunal  date thanks in advance Geo..
  • poppy123456
    geo31237 said:
    Hi adrian  and poppy my friend is transferring from dla to pip and as mentioned the assessors report is inaccurate as to every thing. Assesors report gives her  standard  moving around and standard care she needs 2points on both to get enhanced  so if she goes for an M/R.she will be paid the pip award on deciseon letter upp to the point of the M/R deciseon?. If M/R is unsuccessful does pip  payment still continue up to the tribunal  date thanks in advance Geo..

I already answered your question in a comment above. Please have another read of the thread again.
  • geo31237
  • geo31237
    Thanks for advice poppy I did not read your answers clearly as my  friend is realy I'll with a serious heart condition  I'm trying to look after her and ask you questions I'm so sorry and will try get a welfare rights person to look at things tomorrow l will let you know how things go thank you.
  • geo31237
    Hi again everyone another question please.would a  single person  who lives alone and on standard Pip for care and on ESA.income related support group.qualify for a severe disability premium thanks in advance Geo.
  • poppy123456
    Yes providing no one claims carers allowance or the carers element of Universal credit for looking after them.

As they are currently still receiving DLA if they are claiming either mid/high rate care for this then they would be entitled to claim the SDP, providing all the criteria applies to them.
  • geo31237
     Thanks poppy would  they still get severe disability premium on standard pip for care.?   And ESA income related no one gets care allowance ETC. Thanks in advance
  • poppy123456
    Yes, as i advised.
  • poppy123456
  • geo31237
    Thank yu poppy

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.