Lcw to lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcw to lcwra

foxxxiz
foxxxiz Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
was in lcw on UC notified them of change in health may2019 had assessment 31/12/2019 decision made for lcwra 27/1 should this have been backdated as I requested review as they're sayingnim only entitled to lcwra as of 27/1 if so what regulation can I quote please

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @foxxxiz. I believe this is correct and it's from date of decision, but I'll double check tomorrow with our benefit adviser and get back to you ASAP.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I agree with Adrian here, it’s from the date of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • foxxxiz
    foxxxiz Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I was told if standard review from fate of decision but if review was because of change in health it should of been backdated to when they was notified. It's all so confusing 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @foxxxiz I spoke with our benefit adviser and they've said that isn't straightforward. If it were PIP and your condition had deteriorated this would be classed as a supersession and could then be argued for backdating to the date a change was notified. For UC we think it's possible that replacing one decision with another one might possibly be regarded as a supersession.
    So if it's classed as a supersession you could argue for backdating, if it's not then you can't. It's worth a try saying you believe it to be a supersession.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.