Custom made walking frames — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Custom made walking frames

sophiabatey
sophiabatey Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hey guys I was just wondering: if you have a custom made walking frame, how long did it take for it to be made and did you have to pay for it?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I've had adaptions but they were on the NHS, so not completely custom made!
    Scope

• icarus
    icarus Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    hi I lost both legs below knee in an accident about 8 years ago 
    the rule for equipment supplied seems to be as cheap as possible and minimal 
    nearly forgot--- also as slow to supply as possible
    anything with a disability equipment tag on it immediately becomes extortionately priced in the private sector
    so I have resorted to making what i need myself.disgusted by the charges for mobility scooter and power chair repair
    i have handmade tricycles  step through frame bicycles, home made swimming fins etc.   if you know what changes you want i can make it. Probably start with a second hand walking frame and chop and change as needed. until it works well.  Everyone will scream "you cant do that! "  "What if you fall? what about the health and safety aspects!!"   I personally know that compared with the mental anguish of being limited by poor or no equipment  its worth the risk------ Everything in life is a risk ,risk assessment is just a fancy name for planning  sensible behaviour     If all else fails  just post what you need doing . and i will help you make it then if we put pictures of it being made on youtube  lots of people can benefit       

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.