PIP renewal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal

fks1971
fks1971 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello everybody 
im new on here and would like advice on a pip renewal f2f? i was awarded standard rates in both components in 2017 and i was sent a renewal 6 months ahead of my award running out.
i sent the form just before xmas and have a f2f next week.
i suffer from arthritis & fibromyalgia as well as issues with my back ..i also have ibs and a shoulder impingement and i sent a lot of consultant letters / summaries with my renewal but capita still want to see me.
The stress of it all is making me so very ill and ive had a severe fibro flare with ibs for a few days now.
i would appreciate any advice as to getting thru the interview without any mishaps even though ive read up about the lies the assesors make up in the report .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Most people have face to face assessments even for reviews, so it's not unusual that you have this assessment. It will be just like the first time you had one. You will need to verify what you wrote in the form as well as any additional information needed. The questions they ask will depend on how your conditions affect you.

You will be watched from the time you arrive so do be aware of that. Once you've had the assessment, wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Once the decision's been made if you're awarded you'll receive a new award length of time. If the decision doesn't go in your favour your PIP will stop, regardless of when your award ends.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fks1971
    if the pip is stopped will carers cease as well ? wud i hv to go for a MR ??? such a horrible process 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    There will be a 4 week run on of carers allowance and then it will stop. Other benefits could also be affected too. Yes, the MR will be the first step to the appeal.

I know it's stressful and worrying but please remember that lots of people claim PIP successfully without any problems at all. Coming onto an internet forum and reading all the bad stories is probably not the best idea because people don't post questions if they are happy with the decision they have. This means that we don't often hear the good stories.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fks1971
    thank you for advice ..i.just hope it goes well ..my initial assesment ws vry short & to the point with a young lady who didnt ask much and had my form on her computer
    i can only hope this time around its ok too ...i will post either way ..x 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fks1971 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Sorry to hear you have been ill lately and hope you feel better now.  I can appreciate how stressful the PIP process is, as I and many other members on here have been through it also.  Good luck with your claim and please stay in touch and let us know how you get on.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.