No help for domiciliary care — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No help for domiciliary care

Options
BlindEye
BlindEye Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Iam disabled and in a wheelchair. I have to pay for someone to clean my house and do all the things needed to keep my house manageable. I am not entitled to any support for this as domiciliary care is not included in any benefit. DWP expect family and friends to do this for you. Impossible for me. No family or friends close by. So. I can have, someone come in to do things I don't need like giving me medicine or washing me, but no-one to jeep my house clean. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Are you claiming PIP or DLA? If so then one of the reasons it's paid to help with the extra cost of having a disability and paying someone to do your house work is one of them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @BlindEye   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.  We guide, advise and help, support members of our community.

Sorry to hear  this, I know hard.  I live on my own do a room a day few times a week.

Take your time and rest.

Daily duties and other things are a struggle I can imagine, I know for me .

Have to do this, small steps.

I know mentioned your in a wheelchair there are some problems and difficulties for you to do this.

https://www.carenearme.co.uk.

Might be useful for you.

Offers care support and anything else.

Please ask if you have any questions please do.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • BlindEye
    BlindEye Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I pay for help. A wonderful lady from Romania. However it is an additional cost. Not everyone can afford yo do this
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @BlindEye   Thank you for sharing, I know the situation met former friends who I used to do everything for.

Never asked for money. Many had learning difficulties, physical problems and mental.

Became too much as I had my own home did my best.

Also have disability, mental health myself.

Just an idea for you.  That organisation

Please can I ask have you ever had an assessments Social Services.  Your Local Council.

Occupational  Therapist. see what they can do for you.

Other services and support might be asking and looking into.

https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk.

https://www.redcross.org.uk.

Please can I ask if you have mental health such as anxiety and depression, or your disability your condition .

Often a lot of information available organisations, associations, charities.

I can find out for you.

Please just ask, do have a lot of information and  advice lines on many organisations.

Part of our role.

I do understand if your experiencing some difficulty financial can advise also.

Do have this one.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.

Helpline 0800 138 7777

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.