Any similar PIP experiences? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any similar PIP experiences?

nahwj
nahwj Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi

I received my PIP review form in November. I filled and sent off the form with evidence by the end of November and received the standard “thanks for sending your ‘how your disability..’...etc” text early December. I have not heard from DWP since December and i am unsure if everyone is experiencing this delay? I would love to hear from anyone who sent off their review at or around the same time as me; have you had your medical assessment or decision yet? Thank you so much

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You'll probably hear from the health assessment providers next with a face to face appointment because most people have them.

There's no timescales at all, backlogs are just part of the reason a decision or waiting times for assessments can be delayed. Some wait weeks, while other wait a few months or more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nahwj
    nahwj Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi poppy123456,

Thank you very much! waiting is not an issue for me as long as its still within the award period. I just wanted to make sure that my timescale is normal. 

Many thanks.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome,

If a decision hasn't been made by the the end date of your PIP it will stop. If this happens and you're successfully awarded then it will be backdated to the date it stopped.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • abigail71
    abigail71 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    I've been waiting since September. 
    I was told 6 weeks, then before Xmas, still nothing. So I've waited just over 5 months so far!
  • abigail71
    abigail71 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Oh, and I've had my f2f a few months ago!!! 
    I assume they have a lot of backlog. I just keep being told to stop calling and wait for my letter but it seems to be taking a long time 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.