Can anyone recommend a dating site or group? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone recommend a dating site or group?

dancersize
dancersize Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, can you help my son has mild cerebral palsy and learning difficulties. He would like a girlfriend. Can anyone recommend a dating site or group he can join in Sheffield. He is 29 years old . I am his mum. 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dancersize and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry I'm not familiar with Sheffield so am unable to suggest any dating sites or groups, but you may be able to get a list of clubs/groups from your local library or your GP surgery may have this also.  Social services too can suggest clubs/organisations in the area which your son could join if you give them a call.  Other members of the forum may be able to suggest more options for you and am sure will be in touch.  Good luck in helping your son to find a group to join anyway and please let us know how he is getting on.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dancersize

Good Morning Welcome.

Sorry but we don’t do “Dating” on our site/community.

We do offer help/support/advice on CP & Learning Difficulty’s if that would be helpful???

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dancersize - Welcome to the community from me too. I have seen 'Outsiders' mentioned here before who have lunches & events in parts of the UK for people to join for friendship/relationships. I've just checked & they hold monthly lunches in Sheffield. Here's a link with the contact details of the person that runs this: http://www.outsiders.org.uk/outsidersclub/club/events/    There's also online groups depending on where a person lives, if you look around the site. Here's the homepage: http://www.outsiders.org.uk     I hope this may be helpful. :)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dancersize and a warm welcome to the community!

There is an dating app for disabled people called Ellie which your son might find helpful.
    Scope

• dancersize
    dancersize Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you , that was so helpful. Unfortunately my son has a Samsung smart phone not an iPhone which you need to download the app Ellie. Can you or anyone recommend another disabled dating site that people have used successfully and not been a scam? Thanks Carey 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dancersize, here is an article which lists disabled dating sites. I hope you find this helpful.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.