If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Wca booking over phone

FranstrahanFranstrahan Posts: 897Member Pioneering
Didnt know they did this. They called this morning. Would I like to come in this afternoon for my WCA. I cant for a variety of reasons, and they were fine about it, but didnt realize they did this.
I really couldn't do it without some advance warning, sure many people couldn't.

Replies

• Kev2020Kev2020 Posts: 20Member Connected
    Hi thanks for sharing. I have only ever had a phone call regarding cancellations.

Hope it all goes well.

Kev
  • janer1967janer1967 Posts: 550Member Pioneering
    Hi it is normally by letter, but I presume they made a call with it being short notice. I think they probably had a cancellation and were trying to fill the slot.
  • FranstrahanFranstrahan Posts: 897Member Pioneering
    @janer1967
    @Kev2020
    I didnt take it. One reason, my back is out at the mo, and two, I have bad anxiety and just that phone call has upset things.
    Just hope it was a one off.
    Thanks both of you
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,701Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I agree with @janer1967 here, they will do this if they have a cancellation. I don't blame you for not going though, i'm the sort of person that likes to plan things in advance. Hopefully next time they will give you more notice.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    @poppy123456
    There was no way I was going for a few reasons. Dont like surprises, and as you say, do like to know what I'm doing and when.
    I would be surprised if they got anyone to fill the slot if it was a cancellation then.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 5,363Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @Franstrahan, it does sound like it would have been a cancellation.
    A friend of mine has been waiting on a WCA since June 2019 and got a text message yesterday reminding them to attend on the 6th of Feb. When they called to query, they were told that it was a cancellation slot and a letter was coming out to them. Rather short notice after waiting for so long and not the most welcome news. Hopefully you'll have a bit more notice with the next one. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    @Adrian_Scope
    I almost certainly wouldn't take a WCA at short notice.
    Hoping they dont take that route again. I guess we have the right to refuse it though, as that's what I did.
Sign in or join us to comment.