PIP Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal

Redeemed
Redeemed Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
So my mandatory reconsideration has finally happened and they have decided to award me 7 points on the care part, still none on mobility, and forwarded all this to the courts.
My question is: I have got some further evidence arriving in the next few days, should I submit it to the courts or wait until the day?
I want to contest some of their decisions in the mabdatory, do I do that now or wait until the day?
Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Just so that you're aware, its a Tribunal and not court. Any additional evidence you have should be sent to HMCTS before the hearing date. Your submission should also be sent to them before the hearing date and for this you should state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies or contradictions that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. Doing this could harm your case.

I'm assuming you're planning on appearing in person as this will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. The only downside to all of this is that the waiting times are huge in most areas and lots of people are waiting a year for a hearing date.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Redeemed, how are you getting on?

Please do let us know if there is anything you need clarifying. :)
    Scope

• Redeemed
    Hi,

You should avoid mentioning any lies or contradictions that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. Doing this could harm your case.

Hi unfortunately I have to challenge the evidence provided by the assessor as it is blatantly wrong. For instance I walk with a limping gait, two medicals, one before and one after the PIP one picked this up and labelled it consistent.
    In her report she stated that my gait was normal, which detracts from my reported disk prolapses and damage to left leg.

However, my final submision to the tribunal is almost finished, some 9 pages addressing sequentially the tripe they have submitted themselves.
    I plan on appearing in person, I've mader some interesting points regarding law ;-)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it goes okay @Redeemed
    Scope

• Redeemed
    To be honest it took that many pages to sequentially challenge the totally incorrect, lying garbage this woman had sent up about me (I didn;t use the words lying etc in my submission).
    In addition a lot of my care needs fall out of the official descriptors so I was making submissions where they could arguably be included in other descriptors. Time will tell I suppose.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.