PIP Payments after Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Payments after Tribunal

Kieran20
Kieran20 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
After over 2 years of back and forth, I went to my local tribunal yesterday and was award in my favour. Additionally, on the a day of the hearing (a matter of hours before the hearing), welfare rights spoke to the DWP and they agreed to award the decission in my favour, rather than the judge having to decide per say. 

Unfortunately, as luck would have it a major payment I received from another benefit has just finished without prior notice (worth £700/mo). 

Therefore, I’m relying on my PIP money to be paid by the end of the month. Does anyone know how long the first payment / back date will take after the decision? As far as I’m aware they aren’t entitled to the 28 day period to appeal to the upper tribunal, as it was the DWP who put forward the decision, so I made hoping it’ll be quicker.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Kieran20 Hello and welcome to the community, congratulations on your tribunal win. I am a community champion here.  Unfortunately it can take a while after your tribunal for payment to be put in place. There are no specific timescales but I would be surprised if you received a payment by the end of the month. Backpay can take longer. You should get your award letter which will state payments due. I'm  not an expert in this area only my own experience, I am sure @poppy123456 will be able to give you more advice 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Thanks @janer1967 for the tag.

It can take 8 weeks to pay backdated money and to put your award into payment but it could be sooner because you were given the award by DWP it could be sooner but as with everything there's no timescales.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SpidGhost
    SpidGhost Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Got a letter last Monday from DWP asking for account details so hopefully mine shouldn't be too long
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Kieran20! I hope you don't have to wait much longer, please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.