If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

LCWRA query

SystemSystem Posts: 418 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Please help I’m confused.

Replies

• BOOKIE68BOOKIE68 Posts: 11Member Listener
    Hi everyone I'm new on here , could you please tell me if everyone has to go for an assessment once they have sent off a uc50 form ?? I provided my 1st fit note on the 5th December & also returned my uc50 form but as yet I have heard nothing back
    Thanku 💕
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,701Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    BOOKIE68 said:
    Hi everyone I'm new on here , could you please tell me if everyone has to go for an assessment once they have sent off a uc50 form ?? I provided my 1st fit note on the 5th December & also returned my uc50 form but as yet I have heard nothing back
    Thanku 💕

HI and welcome,

Yes most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based one. I'd advise you to expect the assessment, this way if one is needed and you're sent an appointment letter then it won't be too much of a shock.

There's no timescales for how long the wait is for this. Hopefully not too long.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Leigh14Leigh14 Posts: 6Member Listener
    Hi, am new here. I went on LCWRA last Jan/Feb. I filled out the form only. On the journal, it said I may or may not be called for an assessment. I’ve recently received another form to fill out (a year later) Can anyone advise if this is the norm please? My anxiety is through the roof worrying myself sick over it all. Thankyou
    Leigh14 said:
    Hi, am new here. I went on LCWRA last Jan/Feb. I filled out the form only. On the journal, it said I may or may not be called for an assessment. I’ve recently received another form to fill out (a year later) Can anyone advise if this is the norm please? My anxiety is through the roof worrying myself sick over it all. Thankyou

Hi and welcome,

Yes, i'm afraid it's perfectly normal because you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months. The form will need to be filled in and returned with all your evidence to support your claim no later than the date stated. Face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them. You'll continue to receive the LCWRA element until a decision's been made on your review.
    Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Leigh14Leigh14 Posts: 6Member Listener
    Thankyou for your quick response Poppy 
  • nuttynettynuttynetty Posts: 6Member Listener
    after my WCA the health care profesional summarised that "significant dissability is likely in the areas of getting about and coping socially " would this not be a descriptor to entitle LCWRA ? 
    can anyone advise me pls
    after my WCA the health care profesional summarised that "significant dissability is likely in the areas of getting about and coping socially " would this not be a descriptor to entitle LCWRA ? 
    can anyone advise me pls
    Hi,

They are descriptors for both groups. Have you received a copy of the assessment report? If you have towards the back of this it will give you recommendations for LCW and LCWRA and this is what you need to take note of.

If you haven’t received the report then you can request this by ringing DWP. 

In in the meantime I wouldn’t advise you to speculate anything at this point because the HCP should not have said anything to you in relation to either of the groups because that’s not what they are supposed to do.

Hopefully a decision won’t be too long. Good luck.
    hi poppy. i have a copy of report this is where i quoted the HCP i am however having some difficulty understanding.
    i am expecting a phone call tomorrow where my job coach will ask what i disagree with so she can do a mandatory reconsideration.
    Im feeling ill at the thought and dont want to make a mistake
    hi poppy. i have a copy of report this is where i quoted the HCP i am however having some difficulty understanding.
    i am expecting a phone call tomorrow where my job coach will ask what i disagree with so she can do a mandatory reconsideration.
    Im feeling ill at the thought and dont want to make a mistake

I'm assuming you were given LCW, is that correct? Sorry but i've looked for previous threads from you so i can have a little more information and i can't find anything related to this.
    yes this is correct. i had assesment 15th nov and received decision 7th feb. Apparantley i received 15 points. Im struggling to understand where and how this decision has been reached
Sign in or join us to comment.