Mandatory Reconsideration.. Urgent help needed! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration.. Urgent help needed!

Options
Cenobite
Cenobite Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi

The reason I am here is to seek your kind assistance in completing a Mandatory Reconsideration, after a decision by a case manager and face to face assessment.

Up until that point, I was receiving the standard rate for mobility and daily living and both were awarded after having a face to face assessment in 2016.

My condition has not changed and I am still on the same medication. I am also receiving payments for ESA (support group) one part of which was the disability premium which has now also been deducted.

I am facing a very tight time frame and some organisations are either short of staff or can't even advise
on how to complete the form.

That said, I was wondering if any of you have had any success with the MR,
and what did you do?

I welcome any suggestions or questions and of course also thank you in advance for any help you may have to offer.

Best Regards and Wishes

Paul

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. This should be put in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Send relevant evidence with the letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Only 15% of MR decisions change so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. There are a few members here who had their decision changed at MR stage but not many. If it goes to Tribunal then waiting times are huge across most of the country and some are waiting 1 year for a hearing date.

The reason your ESA has been reduced will be because you were claiming the SDP. As you no longer claim PIP daily living you won't be entitled to the SDP.

This link may help you understand the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cenobite, how are you doing?
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cenobite Welcome to the community, Poppy had given you the best advice. I did a MR few years ago and got the same decision so ended up at tribunal

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.