Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Concerned about the Coronavirus?

We've put together some helpful information and advice about Covid-19 on our website.

You can also read about: improving your wellbeing, getting food and essentials and claiming benefits during this time.

ESA claim gone clerical !!!! HELP

My esa in its 6th year has gone clerical I have to call up every fortnight to get a payment anyone experience this or kenos what’s going on very stressed by it all. 

Replies

• jojo89jojo89 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi esa claim gone clerical for no apparent reason I now have to ring up every fortnight for payments any help experience or advice? 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,495 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It means that it's a system error and your ESA claim could have potentially been wiped from the system. Payments will need to be manually until your ESA claim has been rebuilt and your details to be added to the computer. Personally, i would ring to speak to a decision maker to ask them what can be done because ringing every 2 weeks to ask for payment is very frustrating.

Hope you get it sorted. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    @poppy123456 die that mean reapplying from scratch and will that then trigger universal credit 

Does not die 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,495 Disability Gamechanger
    No, not at all. It just means that someone from DWP will need to put all your details back into the computer. The reason you're not receiving payment is because your details are not on the computer for it to automatically send payment when it's due.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    @poppy123456 was told I get a same day payment and call back within 3 hrs, that’s gone that still nothing wondering should I call back or wait a while longer 
    As you haven't received payment, if it's due today then it should be paid today. I'd ring again if it was me.
    @poppy123456 thanks v much I will do and update 
    @poppy123456 paid now set up clerical payments for next 8 weeks allowing time to rebuild claim thanks for help 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 5,619 Scope community team
    How frustrating @jojo89! I'm glad they were able to set up payments for the next 8 weeks to save you having to call back repeatedly. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.