Channel 4 - Losing It Mental Health Programme — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Channel 4 - Losing It Mental Health Programme

OverlyAnxious
OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,587 Disability Gamechanger
Just wondered if anyone else has been watching this programme?  And if so, what your thoughts were on it?

I've been quite disappointed with it tbh.  They don't seem to be 'treating' anyone, just trying to keep them going in the short term and hoping they'll sort themselves out basically.  That has also been my own experience with the system but I thought I was missing something due to location or age or whatever... :| 

I really related to the young ginger lad (Jake?) this week, as I've felt the same as he did for over 15 years now.  I didn't see any tips or advice on changing that though.

Comments

• EmmaB
    EmmaB Community member Posts: 263 Pioneering
    Hi @OverlyAnxious
    I've taped it but not watched it yet... Sounds about right though - a system that tends to dish doesn'tout pills that don't work and no time to get to the root of anyone's problems... ☹️
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @OverlyAnxious, this is something that I have wanted to watch, just not got round to it yet! That's such a shame it was disappointed! How have other episodes been?
    Scope

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,587 Disability Gamechanger
    It's the final one tonight. I have found the programmes interesting, seeing the protocols & pathways that they go through that we don't normally see as public or patients.  There have been a few cases that I can really relate to, and others that I have no experience of (so far at least!) so I always watch programmes like this.  It's only the last few years they've been shown on TV.  I always wonder if I might have been in a different position now if there had been similar programs shown when I was growing up.  It's really the methods available and the lack of funds and staff that I was disappointed with, rather than the programmes themselves! :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.