FAILED @ PIP tribunral — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

FAILED @ PIP tribunral

g7iqj
g7iqj Community member Posts: 87 Courageous
20+ YRS  Ago had accident @ work  did lot damage to my back  disc l4,l5 .  got awarded 10%  industrial injurys  had treatntment  did what they could.  had orhopedics surgeons report  statin damage .   Fast forward   2019   now 55  2nd degenrative changes  creeping in  mobility issues .  limited walking  20 - 50 meteres max / up to   1 min with out having to stop sit .  standing more 1- 2 min out sitting .   APPLIIEd  for PIP   turned down .  had MR  turned down  Had   tribunral   turn down .  Reason   given  by judge @ tribunral  quote is although i have mobility issues  , my evedeince  20 + yrs old  states the problem, cause not the out come.  More or less saying  that it does not back up my claim now 20+ yrs later   me with as i claim  mobility walking @ standing issues .  SO  as i see it  ive to get up to date eveidence to back up my claim .  IE up to date  orhopedics  surgeon report, spechialist ...  QUESTION   if i go back to my doctor   GP  request  this   WILL  i have to pay get charged for this report ????.  as last one 20 yrs ago was payed for private by then trade untion as  they were persuing   acciden t  claim agaist    ex employer .   THEN with up to date eveidence to back me up i should  then reply for PIP    start again  NOT sure if i have to  pay  FOR THE REPORT  FROM   NHS .  Any advice 

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @g7iqj - writing letters for DWP isn't part of a GPs job - so if they do it they're entitled to charge.....

What evidence is it that you want from your GP?

Can you not explain the difficulty that you have, how far you can walk without pain/ having to rest, whether you fall, whether you can repeat it a little while later?

I doubt that my GP could do this, without me telling her what to write. Yours may be different of course....

Good luck anyway....

• g7iqj
    eveidence  from spechialist ie oprhopedic surgeon , to back up my claim due back problem  off 20 + yrs ago  the outcome  is now  2020  that it which it has  left me with mobility issues  ie limited walking   1 min 20-50 meteres in one go  standing  more 1 min  in turn affects your daily life ..    tribunral  had letter from my GP  stating of  dec2019  ive limited mobility as  above   has to be spechi;list report    just letter from gp not good enough it seems . 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I see you posted about this in November last year and you were advised to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Did you request these and then find someone to have a look?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • g7iqj
    lack eveidence to back up my claim   why i failed 
  • g7iqj
    i take it  need up to date report  that simple   getting this report  be the issue 
  • poppy123456
    @cristobal is correct, a GP will very rarely know how your conditions affect you. I'm assuming you didn't request the SOR after the Tribunal decision?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • g7iqj
     gave  me paper to say failed on the day    DONT UNDERSTAND     THIS   SOR ????   HOW I GET THIS 
  • g7iqj
    as far i concerned  i just need to get  up todate eveidence   re applied  how i get this eveidence  is the issue who pays for it me/ nhs   ie the report 

• poppy123456
    If there's a charge for any reports written then you need to pay for this.

For the statement of reasons then it's HMCTS that you need to request this from but because your Tribunal decision was in November then you could be too late to request this now.
  • g7iqj
    was  not told   this by clark   all rush tare on the day  running behind  i had ask for expense  claim  destion notice   did not say about  SOR all i have is destion notice   saying that yes i have back issues they except this  however   resulting  limitations  insufficent  to score required   number off points  otherwords due lack up to date eveidence   did not back up my claim i can only walk  20-50 meteres /  standing more 1 min or so  with out sitting down . 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.