Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal

Options
missnicki
missnicki Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I am waiting for tribual made application and was accepted to go court nov 18 went dec 19 and it was adjourned due to Dwp not reviewing medical records the judge said within 6 weeks would have another date however haven’t got on calling and they saying it’s still processing is there anything I can do to rush it along or am I going to have to wait another year  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I'm afraid all you can do is wait. Once another date becomes available they will contact you. Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @missnicki -Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. It must be frustrating this waiting time for you; I also hope it's not much longer! Please let us know how you get on. :)
  • missnicki
    missnicki Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Just makes me mad because at the first hearing the judge said to call pip and put in another MR because Dwp was saying they wouldn’t look past 12 months if we won we did that and they said we have no clue what your talking about and will not be doing that 
    I don’t know if to put another pip form in or to just leave it and wait just confused with it all now, because calling the courts really isn’t doing nothing 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can't request another MR because you've already done that stage and now you're at Tribunal.

If you don't currently have a PIP award then starting another claim while waiting for a Tribunal will only complicate matters even further because any decision made on the new claim will overrule the decision made by the Tribunal. Starting another claim using the same evidence you previously used will likely see another refusal.

If you already have an award in place then you can't start another claim, you can put in a change of circumstances which will prompt another reassessment. Any decision made on that will overrule the decision made by the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.