If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Hello, can anyone tell me what to expect next please?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,332Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You'll receive a decision next but there's no timescales. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

You can request a copy of the report as advised in another thread of yours. Once you receive this you'll have some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Use the PIP descriptors online to see what score may have been recommended.

Other than that there's nothing more you can do but wait.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 7,089Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @Paula71, I hope you don't have to wait too long, wishing you all the best. :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
  • Paula71Paula71 Posts: 24Member Listener
    Hi
    I phoned yday to see if any progress on my decision, was told there's nothing yet it's only been two weeks.
    Does this mean because there's nothing on the computer that I haven't been successful? 
    My anxiety is through the roof with it all and I'm convincing myself that because there's no updates that it must be bad news .. 
    I'm convinced that that's there way of not wanting to tell me bad news over the phone
    Silly I know but this is what my anxiety does to me
    2 weeks really isn't long at all. A decision can take anything between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer. No, it doesn't mean you've not been successful.

Have you requested a copy of the report?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thanks Poppy
    No I haven't, I can't bring myself to do it, because I feel if it's unsuccessful then I get the decision letter it's like being let down twice.
    This is the first time I've ever tried to claim a benefit, even though I've had Fibro and severe anxiety for over 7 years.
    My anxiety makes me think the worst if everything.
    You're welcome. I totally understand the anxiety it causes, even for those that don't generally suffer with anxiety they still feel anxious when waiting for a decision. Hopefully not much longer.
    Thankyou I hope not 
    It's on my mind all the time
  • susan48susan48 Posts: 2,224Member Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 15
    I had to wait 8-10 weeks! Hopefully your decision comes sooner. Good luck
    Would they tell you over the phone even if it was bad news, or would they just say they didn't know?

If you ring to ask if a decision's been made and it has, they will tell you, what ever the decision is.
Sign in or join us to comment.