JUDGE AWARDED FROM DIFFERENT DATE — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

JUDGE AWARDED FROM DIFFERENT DATE

Andy1234
Andy1234 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
My Fiancee won her appeal in court some time ago for her PIP claim after scoring 0 points at assessment then getting over 20 points in court, however the judge backdated it to the date our mandatory consideration was refused rather than the date we originally applied some 12 weeks earlier. This was some time ago now but it has always bugged me as I fell she is nearly £1800 pounds out of pocket.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Andy1234   Sorry to hear this.

I am one of the team of Community Champions. We support members.

Please if I can tag my friend @poppy123456 a member of our team may be able to explain to you anything you need to know.

Lady has exceptional knowledge of problems and queries like this.

Please be in touch soon.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Andy1234
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Not being an expert in everything benefits wise, but I have never heard of this happening.
    The decision of the tribunal stands in place of the original DWP decision to make no award. Thus the award made by the Tribunal should be from the date of the claim.
    Maybe someone can confirm this please? 
  • Andy1234
    I have read on another website called yourable.com that this was quite common, however all the comments are from 2014. Just to be clear we claimed over the phone at the start of September 2017 and the appeal was in December 2018 when the judge awarded the highest rates of both elements backdated to 17th November 2017. So I know this was along time ago but I thought you were meant to get paid from the date of first phone call.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.