If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Concerned after PIP assessment

worried111worried111 Posts: 3Member Listener
Did PIP assessment 2 weeks ago, was told I'd get a decision in 10 days......what's gone wrong???? I'm really worried 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,332Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I'm not sure who told you that you'll have a decision in 10 days but that's very optimistic. There's no timescales for any decision but expect something like 2-8 weeks, possibly longer. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

If you live in the UK then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • worried111worried111 Posts: 3Member Listener
    Thank you....I've been so worried. That's reassuring. Of the people on this forum how long have they been waiting from f2f assessment to decision on average?
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,332Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. There's really no timescales, as i advised, it can be anything between 2-8 weeks sometimes longer.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Posts: 385Member Pioneering
    Hello and welcome to the community, I am a community champion here at scope. Its nice to see new members. You have already had your query answered but if there is anything else you want help with then please let us know .Also keep us up yo date with your PIP
  • chiariedschiarieds Posts: 1,457Member Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @worried111 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm pleased Poppy has been able to reassure you, & do let us know how you get on with your PIP assessment report
  • blue32blue32 Posts: 33Member Connected
    The wait is tough but hopefully isn't too long
  • susan48susan48 Posts: 2,224Member Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sent forms back end of September and got my decision 1st February! It’s awful to leave vulnerable people this long 
    Wow!! Was that a new claim or DLA switch? 
Sign in or join us to comment.