Can I reapply for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I reapply for PIP?

Options
FredMc
FredMc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi, I have been refused PIP, I appealed decision, but decision was still no. I am diabetic, no hypo awareness, Gastroparesis, bi-polar, diabetic neuropathy ,low/high blood pressure.
my first claim was June last year, just now I have been advised to ask for the judges decision in writing,but also told that I need to explain my lateness in requesting this.
can I reapply as I think at this stage my first application is now over.
thank you 
Fred

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I'm afraid you're out of time to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings on the Tribunal hearing.

You can reapply anytime but do be aware that using the same evidence you used for your previous claim will very likely see another refusal.

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. You can have a disability but not qualify for PIP because if you don't fit the descriptors then you won't score the points for an award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • FredMc
    FredMc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    hi Poppy,
    thankyou for quick reply, yes they said I was too late to apply for the judges decision in writing, I explained I have trouble going out,to citizens device etc ,  they said  I could maybe write and explain this, then he went onto say that at this stage, I need see if any laws are broken with my claim.? So wondered if be best to just start from the beginning again..my conditions have an impact on me on a daily basis.
    fred
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can certainly reapply, there's nothing stopping you from doing this. Having some understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean will always help. Whether or not you're entitled to anything i have no idea because i don't know how your conditions affect you. Even though your conditions impact you daily it doesn't mean you'll score points for an award.

This link may help you have more of an understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @FredMc - I just wanted to add my welcome to the community. I'm sorry you were unsuccessful with your first PIP claim. Reading the link carefully that Poppy has given should help you decide whether to apply again. If you do, & you have any questions, please do let us know if you need any help or advice, as there's usually someone here who may be able to help. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.