broken through floor lift — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

broken through floor lift

pippoodle
pippoodle Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi since friday morning I've had no access to my bedroom to sleep
or nap 
no access to my shower with shower chair and body drier
no access to my accessible remote wash dry toilet 

I am fully wheelchair bound and am trying to sleep 2 to 3 hours if lucky in a rise and recline arm chair 
we have a downstairs toilet but need help now from hubby or kids to wipe and clean myself below 

hi I live in a 3 bed purpose built wheelchair accessible home.
on friday repair men came out to fix a severe noise problem with the 
lift.
when they left the lift was left unusable and promised to return 8.30 Monday morning 
so all weekend 
was without lift 
I phoned council again on Monday midday as no one had turned up and they said the lift was fit to use and there were no repairs to be made after speaking to the lift company. 
so Monday evening tried to go
up to bed got stuck in the lift .
luckily husband phoned the lift operator and they told him to manually lower it down and how to do it .
once lowered the lift wouldnt work at all
so the lift people promised to return tuesday 8.30am
again no one arrived 
eventually after lots of phone calls they turned up at 4 and repaired what they could and 
bypassed the pressure switch 
when they weight
tested the lift
it didnt work again 
so was told not to use it
and told be back 
8.30 this morning to top up the hydrolic fluid and that would fix it
and they turned up at 3pm 
topped up the 
fluid replaced the pressure switch and weight tested it 
all went well
they left at 
4.30 and I
went up the lift and it worked fine 
came back down
fine
went to go up again at 6 and 
the lift wont work
phoned the lift
people again and now their manager will be out 9am tomorrow to see if it needs a new ram 
then has to get the ok from the council before ordering 
I dont know
how much longer I'll be left without a lift

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I'm sorry to hear you're having all those problems with your lift. I used to live in a house with a through floor life and found at times that it would stop working for no reason, which is scary especially if you're stuck in the lift, which happened to me a few times.

Hopefully when they come out next time it will all be sorted and you'll have no further problems.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @pippoodle! I'm so sorry to hear you are having problems with the lift and the impact this has had! Did someone turn up this morning? I really hope they could resolve the problem.
    Scope

• Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    hi and welcome pippoodle ....I hope the lift firm got your lift fixed out . If the never turned up i,m sure you could and should get in touch with your councillor ...and then if needs be your MP . I know that services everywhere are being cut but it looks to me that you need this lift and should certainly be high priority....good luck and please let us know how it goes ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.