PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Concerned about the Coronavirus?

We've put together some helpful information and advice about Covid-19 on our website.

You can also read about: improving your wellbeing, getting food and essentials and claiming benefits during this time.

Received written report

LdaviesLdavies Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, today I received my written report from my home visit. On the report there is no points scored. Can one help me? I started this claim in November and still non of the wiser

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,500 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

There will be no points awarded in the report and they won't be added. This is because the report is a recommendation only, although they usually go with it.

Somewhere in the report there will be dots next to the activities/descriptors. Use the PIP self text here http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php and put the dots from the report into that test and it will add up any points that may have been recommended.

You'll still have to wait for the decision but you'll have some idea once that is done.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • MobileGamesMobileGames Member Posts: 55 Courageous
    @Ldavies. Now you have a month to request the MR. Ring up the DWP to request it and then send in your reasons,backed up with examples of why you don't agree with their decision. Have you thought of going to the CAB for assistance? 
  • MobileGamesMobileGames Member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Do you have a CPN or support worker,or a relative or friend that can help you put it together as well? 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,500 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ldavies. Now you have a month to request the MR. Ring up the DWP to request it and then send in your reasons,backed up with examples of why you don't agree with their decision. Have you thought of going to the CAB for assistance? 

No decision's been made yet. I think what Ldavies meant was that the points weren't added in the report, they didn't actually mean they didn't score any points, at least that's how i read it. The MR can't be requested until a decision's been made.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,061 Disability Gamechanger
    @ poppy123456, I read the post the same as yourself, must wait for the official award confirmation letter. But there is nothing stopping you getting evidence ready for an MR if required as the Award letter is not going to arrive for a few weeks. 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 5,627 Scope community team
    A warm welcome to the community @Ldavies. Have you managed to have a look at the PIP self test Poppy recommended?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,681 Scope community team
    Welcome to the community @Ldavies. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.