If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Bring on the sunshine.

Rifi7Rifi7 Posts: 141Member Pioneering
Is it only me, or does this winter seem to be dragging on. I don’t remember it be liking this last year but maybe it was. Bring on the sunshine. 
I have been looking at a new hobby to do and am looking at Jewellery making but not sure how easy it is to do but willing to give it go. Anyone got any interesting hobbies?

Replies

• deb74deb74 Posts: 496Member Pioneering
    Hi Rifi7. I do lots of thing including making jewellery. Jewellery making is quite easy but it can be a little bit fiddley! I like making things because it lets you escape into your own little world and forget what is going on around you!
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 6,127Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Definitely feel like winter is dragging, can't wait for Spring!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,332Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Couldn't agree more! Winters always do seem to drag on forever. Although i don't think it's as cold as last winter. There's been no cold weather payment so far this year and this time last year i'd had a few.

Definitely counting the weeks to that sunny and warmer weather!
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Posts: 389Member Pioneering
    @Rifi7 Good to see your post, its all these storms that are making it worse just get over one and another one comes. Jewellery making sounds good to me something I would like to do but with my vision I wouldn't be able to see to do the intricate work. I would like to find a new hobby but being in wheelchair and also blind in one eye I cant seem to come up with anything I could do. Anyone got any suggestions ?  
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,625Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    What about sewing? 
  • woodbinewoodbine Posts: 309Member Pioneering
    If I recall last year we didn't really have much snow until Easter weekend
  • Rifi7Rifi7 Posts: 141Member Pioneering
    Thanks everyone for all your ideas on hobbies. I think I will try jewellery making to start of with. Maybe macrame bracelet making looks interesting. It looks pretty easy to do and your exactly right deb74, it takes your mind into another world. I have lost more of mobility so have been trapped in my flat most of the winter, so I welcome any distraction.
    My dog is as fed up as me with this weather. She does not like the rain and wind at all. 

Woodbine please don’t say that about the snow. Surely not! 
    Janer1967 what about macrame. You can make bracelets or you can make bigger items like wall hangings and dream catchers. Looks good. It’s a very trendy craft to do. I’ve seen loads of Macrame stuff in shops now. 
    April2018mom I don’t think I would be any good at sewing. I was a big fan of wonder web when I needed to take up my trousers lol!
  • newbornnewborn Posts: 389Member Pioneering
    You can get full spectrum daylight lightbulbs
    I have daylight bulbs in my flat. They are good but nothing beats rays from the sun 🌞 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 7,092Administrator Scope community team
    I can't wait for summer either! Or just days where it is light for longer!

I crochet @Rifi7, is this something you have ever tried? I learnt by YouTube. :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
Sign in or join us to comment.