Found to have lcwra yet still called into job centre? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Found to have lcwra yet still called into job centre?

Options
Redeemed
Redeemed Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
Don't understand this. I have had the medical for UC, found to be lcwra yet we still have to attend an appointment to "check we are recieving the right amount of UC".
They have had all our details for ages so what's occurring?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You say "we" so i'm assuming it's a joint claim? The LCWRA isn't for both of you. Having said that  you also say that it's to check you're claiming the correct amount of UC, this doesn't sound like a work focused interview to me, it sounds more like a compliance interview. If it is this then they do randoms checks like this sometimes and could be nothing to worry about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Redeemed
    Hello I am a community champion here at scope, I see Poppy has already answered your query. Try not to worry over this, if you feel anxious maybe give them a call to get more details about the nature of this
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Redeemed, how are you doing?
    Scope

• Redeemed
    Options
    Not too bad thanks. Having re-read my letter from the DWP they want to see us due to a change of circumstances.
    Essentially my wife was found fit for work despite bad colitis (to the point where she carries a special key, card, and we have to plan our activities around toilets), arthritis and asthma and is 60 years old. In addition she is still my carer despite us losing DLA, my medical condition just doesn;t improve overnight unfortunately.
    She also provides support for my daughter who has been left disabled by the local hospital after a botched epidural during childbirth (we are suing) and so she needs help with child care for her autistic toddler and her 6 month old who has breathing difficulties.
    Should be a fun meeting because I'm getting to the end of my tether with these people, they strip us of our dignity, of our income, and then rub our noses in it as well. If I'm having a bad day they'd better ring the police.

• Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @Redeemed, I'm sorry to hear you have a lot to manage and the support is not reflecting this. I really hope the meeting goes okay and you get someone who is understanding.

Please do let us know how you get on.
    Scope

• Redeemed
    Options
    well we went to the job centre and saw a nice lady who was a compliance officer. long story short my wife makes bits of crafts and we sell them, or try to, at craft fairs about 6 times a year. some kind soul has reported us to the dwp.
    it's laughable we run at a loss on these things and the dwp were okay about it when we explained the situation.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    I'm glad things could be easily resolved, I'm sorry you had to go through it though! It must have been annoying.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.