Payment from UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payment from UC

lmkg1315
lmkg1315 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi!

I received my UC on the 13th. Today I have received a payment of £31.78 into my bank and its referenced as being from Universal Credit. I am waiting for my LCWRA element but this was awarded in November and will not be paid until March. I am unable to call them at the moment but will be doing this afternoon but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone had any experience of info on this?

Thanks!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

We could only guess what the payment is for and only they can tell you that i'm afraid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lmkg1315, I hope you are able to ring up soon and be given more information. :)
    Scope

• lmkg1315
    lmkg1315 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Thanks @poppy123456 & @Chloe_Scope! I gave them a call and they have said UC has made no payment to me and could it possibly be related to my PIP claim. I told them the reference in the payment is my NI number then it says DWP UC and that I though PIP and UC were 2 completely different payments so why PIP would use UC as a reference is a little confusing. That being said I'm about to give PIP a call because no one from UC can find out where it has come from! The search continues 

L♡
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck I hope you manager to find out why the money has been paid 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.