Advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
Hi I'm wanting advice I'm still waiting for tribunal which should be end of april/may 2020 my conditions have got s lot worse my doctor has requested emergency mri scan and I'm off work again I could walk up to 20 metres with discomfort but over the past 4 months I cant walk with out extreme pain in my lower back n spine do I inform dwp about my changes or just wait for tribunal 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Reporting changes to DWP before the hearing will mean that any new decision made will overrule the Tribunal decision. Reporting changes will mean more forms to fill in and return and another face to face assessment is most likely.

Never report changes while waiting for a Tribunal without first getting some expert face to face advice from an advice agency near you. This link will help you find what's local to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Thanks poppy that's what I thought I'm just waiting for emergency mri scan so my doctor will no more what's going on x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @tara2019 Hello and welcome to the community, this happens to lots of people due to the waiting times for tribunals often people have a worsening of conditions, but the tribunal will only look at how your condition affected you at the time of the assessment as this is the decision you are appealing against. Good luck for the tribunal I hope it goes well, and also your scans 
  • tara2019
    Thanks I will just have more evidence etc for the review which will prob be june this year thanks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you the best of luck @tara2019, please let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• tara2019
    I will thanks for all advice given over the past year x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.